10 additional death, 387 new cases of Covid-19 in Manitoba November 21
November 21, 2020, 2:25 pm
Public health officials advise 10 additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported today that include:
• a male in his 30s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a male in his 60s from the Northern health region;
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Parkview Place;
• a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Misericordia Health Centre's Transitional Care Unit;
• a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 80s from Southern Health-Santé Sud and linked to the outbreak at the Bridgepark Manor assisted living facility;
• a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Holy Family Home;
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Long Term Care Home;
• a male in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Long Term Care Home; and
• a female in her 100s from Prairie Mountain Health and linked to the outbreak at the Gilbert Plains personal care home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 13.8 per cent provincially and 13.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m., 387 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases were removed due to error, for a net total of 385 new cases. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 13,304.
Today’s data shows:
• 26 cases in the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority;
• 34 cases in the Northern health region;
• 15 cases in Prairie Mountain Health;
• 94 cases in Southern Health-Santé Sud; and
• 218 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 8,012 active cases and 5,075 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 276 people in hospital, with 45 people in intensive care; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 217.
Of the active cases, 5,757 are in Winnipeg and 1,090 are in Southern Health-Santé Sud Region. 497 are in the Eastern-Interlake region, and 410 are in the North. The Prairie Mountain Region has 258 active cases. There are 32 active cases in the Souris River District within the Prairie Mountain Health Region. The Souris River District includes Elkhorn, Virden, Reston and Melita.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,519 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 327,511. Case investigations continue and, if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Public health officials have advised that outbreaks have been declared at Grace Hospital Unit 3 North in Winnipeg, Dakota House in Winnipeg, Eastview Place in Altona, Tabor Home in Morden, Fernwood Place in Steinbach, and Lion Prairie Manor and Douglas Campbell Lodge in Portage la Prairie. The sites have been moved to Critical (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
The chief provincial public health officer urges Manitobans to only leave their homes for essential purposes. When leaving the house to obtain essentials, be sure to physically distance, wear a mask in indoor public places and avoid crowded spaces. Do not leave home if you are sick, or when any member of your family is sick. Do not socialize with anyone from outside your household.
If any household member is symptomatic, public health officials advise that the entire household must self-isolate until COVID-19 test results are available. For information on self-isolation, visit https://manitoba.ca/covid19/fundamentals/self-isolation.html.
The online assessment tool can be found at https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/ and COVID-19 symptoms can be found at https://manitoba.ca/covid19/fundamentals/symptoms.html.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, visit www.manitoba.ca/covid19.
For up-to-date information on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit: https://manitoba.ca/covid19/restartmb/prs/index.html.