10 new deaths from Covid-19 in Manitoba November 28
487 new cases of the virus Saturday
November 28, 2020, 1:40 pm
Ten additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported in Manitoba November 28 including:
• a male under the age of 10 from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a male in his 60s from the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• a male in his 70s from the Prairie Mountain health region and linked to the outbreak at Gilbert Plains Personal Care Home;
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Heritage Lodge;
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region;
• a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain health region and linked to the outbreak at Fairview Home;
• a female in her 90s from the Prairie Mountain health region and linked to the outbreak at Gilbert Plains Personal Care Home; and
• a male in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Park Manor Care.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 14.2 per cent provincially and 13.9 per cent in Winnipeg.
487 new cases of the virus have been identified and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 16,118.
There are currently 6,537 active cases in the Winnipeg region, 1,216 active cases in the Southern Health Region (with the largest number of those in Steinbach), 521 cases in the Interlake Eastern Health Region, 444 in the Northern Health Region, and 306 in the Prairie Mountain Health Region, which includes Brandon and all of southwest Manitoba. In the Souris River District with Prairie Mountain, which includes the Elkhorn, Virden, Reston, and Melita areas, there are currently 26 active cases.
Today’s data shows:
• 23 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 38 new cases in the Northern health region;
• 15 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 104 new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 307 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 9,024 active cases and 6,804 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 327 people in hospital with 44 people in intensive care; and
• the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 290.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,640 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 348,768. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Public health officials have advised that outbreaks have been declared at the Health Sciences Centre on GD4 in Winnipeg and the Manitoba Developmental Centre in Portage la Prairie. The sites have been moved to Critical (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
The outbreaks declared at Aborgate School in La Broquerie and Reston School in Reston have been declared over.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
The chief provincial public health officer urges Manitobans to only leave their homes for essential purposes. When leaving the house to obtain essentials, be sure to physically distance, wear a mask in indoor public places and avoid crowded spaces. Do not leave the home if you are sick, or when any member of your family is sick. Further, do not socialize with anyone from outside your household.