Attempted murder charge laid by Esterhazy RCMP
July 27, 2017 9:02 am
Around 9:15 p.m. July 25, 2017, Esterhazy RCMP responded to a complaint at a residence in the RM of Calder, west of Highway #8.
The caller said they were inside the house with another individual when a bulldozer drove into it.
The two adults escaped the residence without physical injury.
When police arrived on scene, the adult male driver of the bulldozer was arrested.
He is known to the property owners and was transported to hospital by EMS with what were described as minor injuries.
The residence sustained significant damage.
As a result of investigation, 59-year-old Ronald Fatteicher of the RM of Calder is charged with:
- 2 counts, attempted murder, section 239(b) of the Criminal Code
- 2 counts, utter threats to cause death or harm, section 264.1(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- 4 counts, mischief over $5000, section 430(3) of the Criminal Code
- 1 count, assault Police Officer, section 270(2) of the Criminal Code
- 1 count, Intimidation of Justice Participant, section 423.1(3) of the Criminal Code
- 2 counts, breach of undertaking, section 145(3) of the Criminal Code
Fatteicher will appear in Yorkton Provincial Court on July 27th, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.