Youth faces charges from gun incident in Swift Current
October 19, 2017 2:42 pm
On October 14th, 2017 Swift Current Municipal RCMP received a complaint that a male youth had brought a firearm to a school in the Chinook School Division in Swift Current. A subsequent complaint was also received.
As a result of investigation, a 13-year-old male youth from Swift Current is charged with:
· 2 counts of Pointing a Firearm
· 1 count of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
· 1 count of Possession of a Firearm for a Dangerous Purpose
· 1 count of Theft Under $5000
· 2 counts of Carrying a Firearm in a Careless Manner
The youth appeared in Swift Current Provincial Court on October 17th, 2017 at which time he was remanded until his next appearance in Swift Current Provincial Court on October 20th, 2017 at 9:30 a.m.
A pistol was located and seized during the course of investigation. No one was physically harmed as a result of this incident. Parents at the school where the incident occurred have also been informed.