No additional deaths from Covid-19 in Manitoba July 16
37 new cases in Manitoba Friday, July 16, Manitoba now at 958 active cases
July 16, 2021, 1:08 pm
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.9 per cent provincially and 2.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 39 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 37 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 57,065.
Of the 39 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:
• 10 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• two new cases in the Northern health region;
• three new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• nine new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 15 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 299 active cases in the Winnipeg region, 141 active cases in the Southern Health Region, 245 cases in the Interlake Eastern Health Region, 206 in the Northern Health Region, and 67 in the Prairie Mountain Health Region, which includes Brandon and all of southwest Manitoba. In the Souris River District within Prairie Mountain, which includes the Elkhorn, Virden, Reston, and Melita areas, there are currently 0 active cases.
The data also shows:
• 958 active cases and 54,943 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 120 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including:
• 37 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 82 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 119 hospitalizations;
• a total of 27 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
• nine people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 17 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 26 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
• one Manitoba patient in an intensive care unit in Ontario;
• 43 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; and
• no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday;
• 1579 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 852,858; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,164.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is available at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.