One additional death from Covid-19 in Manitoba April 7
107 new cases in Manitoba Wednesday, April 7, Manitoba now at 1,294 active cases
April 7, 2021, 1:09 pm
Public health officials advise that one additional death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today:
• a male in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.8 per cent provincially and 4.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 109 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 107 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 34,656.
Public health officials are announcing that 22 new screened or sequenced cases of the B.1.1.7 variants of concern have been detected. Of these, 21 are from the Winnipeg health region and one is from the Prairie Mountain Health region. Three new screened or sequenced uncategorized cases have been detected. One is from the Interlake–Eastern Health Region and two are from the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• three cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 49 cases in the Northern health region;
• four cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• two cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 51 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 401 active cases in the Winnipeg region, 18 active cases in the Southern Health Region, 26 cases in the Interlake Eastern Health Region, 779 in the Northern Health Region, and 70 in the Prairie Mountain Health Region, which includes Brandon and all of southwest Manitoba. In the Souris River District within Prairie Mountain, which includes the Elkhorn, Virden, Reston, and Melita areas, there are currently 1 active cases.
The data also shows:
• 1,294 active cases and 32,419 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 61 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 79 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 140 hospitalizations;
• 14 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 18 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 32 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 943; and
• the total number of screened or sequenced cases related to variants of concern for the following:
• B.1.1.7 is 261;
• B.1.351 is 20;
• cases that have not been categorized is 18; and
• the total number of variant of concern cases is 299.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,073 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 594,609.
An outbreak has been declared at Health Sciences Centre unit GD4. The facility has been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
The outbreak is over at Extendicare/Oakview Place in Winnipeg.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.