One additional death from Covid-19 in Manitoba May 3
250 new cases in Manitoba Monday, May 3, Manitoba now at 2,593 active cases
May 3, 2021, 11:50 am
Public health officials advise that one new death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
• a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is eight per cent provincially and 8.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 251 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 250 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 39,524.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 20 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 15 cases in the Northern health region;
• 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 18 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 184 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,578 active cases in the Winnipeg region, 138 active cases in the Southern Health Region, 118 cases in the Interlake Eastern Health Region, 428 in the Northern Health Region, and 331 in the Prairie Mountain Health Region, which includes Brandon and all of southwest Manitoba. In the Souris River District within Prairie Mountain, which includes the Elkhorn, Virden, Reston, and Melita areas, there are currently 0 active cases.
The data also shows:
• 2,593 active cases and 35,952 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 117 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 61 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 178 hospitalizations;
• 32 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 45 ICU patients;
• 2,898 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 670,783; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 979.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.